This weekend, experience karting on the country’s only purpose built Formula 1 track.
COTA is opening up the paddock this Sunday from 1-5 for anyone (ages 16 and older) who’s interested in getting some track time. Consider this your invitation.
– Drivers will run the National Course, a 2.3 mile section of COTA including the esses, Turn 15, and the iconic Turn 1. Karts will run the course clockwise in the interest of making T1 as exhilarating as possible
– Parking is available for free in the paddock
– Visit Building L in the paddock to register before heading to Garages 8 and 9 for briefing
– Karts and helmets are provided, no need to bring your own gear
– Footwear should be flat, thin-soled shoes such as driving shoes or sneakers. Sandals and open-toe shoes not permitted
– You’re welcome to bring your own closed-face helmets, driving gloves, etc. Please do not bring your own kart as we are providing
– Please arrive thirty minutes before your scheduled session hour for briefing
– Mario Kart costumes are encouraged, however we must ask that you leave your banana peels and red shells at home
Due to overwhelming demand well beyond what COTA could’ve possibly imagined (you guys are awesome for that, by the way), the track is going to pre-sell the available sessions beginning tomorrow (7/20/2016) at 10AM.
The ticketing link will be provided within the event’s Facebook page event at 10AM tomorrow, at which point you’ll be able to register.
Tickets will be segmented into hour blocks, each ticket getting a ten minute session. You will purchase a ticket for the hour in which you’d like to kart. You are able to purchase multiple ten sessions should you choose.
Obviously COTA would love to accommodate all 3000+ people who have shown an interest in karting, but there are only so many sessions available in the four hour block.
Be on the lookout for the link right here at 10AM Central tomorrow.
– $35 for a 10 minute session
– Laps will generally take around three minutes, however lap time varies based on driver skill level
– Due to overwhelming demand, we are only able to accomodate 10 minute sessions for this karting experience. You may purchase as many 10 minute sessions you like
Unfortunately because this will be held on the actual track, drivers will have to be age 16 and older for this one. Future kart days will have a special course layout for unlicensed kiddos.
We’re always looking for new ways to bring you exciting and fun COTA experiences, and we’re thrilled for this inaugural karting day. Here’s to many more. See y’all Sunday!