1966 Shelby 427 Semi-Competition Cobra Sets New Auction Record at $2.9M RM Sotheby’s 19th annual Arizona sale totals $36.5 million with 88 percent of all lots sold, 18-19 January at the Biltmore…
Following months of intense preparation, the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team of Pablo Quintanilla & Andrew Short look forward to getting things going in South America for the 2018 Dakar Rally.
*schedule subject to change
FRIDAY, JANUARY 5TH
SATURDAY, JANUARY 6TH
SUNDAY, JANUARY 7TH
2015 Ferrari 458 Italia Coupe, 2018 McLaren 720S Highlight Immaculate Scottsdale Collection
SCOTTSDALE, AZ – December 23, 2017 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Barrett-Jackson continues to build an impressive docket with the addition of 21 cars from the Steve Todhunter Collection that will cross the block during its 47th Annual Scottsdale Auction, January 13-21, 2018, at WestWorld of Scottsdale. The Scottsdale-based collection features a spectacular combination of exotic and domestic cars, including a low-mileage 2015 Ferrari 458 Italia Speciale Coupe (Lot #1476), a 2018 McLaren 720S (Lot #1480) and a 1978 Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car (Lot #1489), the first Corvette pace car that was ever offered to the public for purchase.
“These pristine vehicles from the Steve Todhunter Collection are a phenomenal addition to our impressive docket at Scottsdale,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Steve has an eye for spectacular cars, and his collection presents unique opportunities of numerous highly sought-after low-mileage vehicles. Barrett-Jackson has become a premier choice for the sale of private collections, such as those from Ron Pratte, Charlie Thomas and Tammy Allen. We look forward to the buzz in the auction arena and live on Velocity when this collection crosses the block in Scottsdale.”
Among the stunning exotics in the collection is a trio of Ferraris. A 2015 Ferrari 458 Italia Speciale (Lot #1476) with just over 900 actual miles is one of 499 built and is powered by a 4.5-liter 597hp V8 engine backed by a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. A 2009 Ferrari 430 F1 Scuderia 16M Spider (Lot #1478) is also one of 499 built, featuring a 4.3-liter V8 engine with 6-speed manual transmission and just over 1,800 actual miles. Rounding out the Ferraris is a 2014 F12 Berlinetta (Lot #1482) with just over 2,700 actual miles and a 6.3-liter 731hp V12 engine backed by a 7-speed-dual clutch automatic transmission.
Rivaling the Ferrari supercars in the collection is a 2018 McLaren 720S (Lot #1480) finished in Azores over black interior with a 4.0-liter 710hp twin turbo-charged V8 engine backed by a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. A rare and meticulously kept 2015 Bentley Continental GT3-R (Lot #1483) is #51 of just 99 built and is powered by a twin-turbo W12 engine with 8-speed automatic transmission. The collection will also send two 2016 Porsches across the block, a 911 Turbo S (Lot #1479) with just over 1,800 actual miles and a 3.8-liter twin-turbo 572hp engine, along with a GT3 RS (Lot #1477) featuring just over 300 miles, a 4.0-liter 500hp flat-6 engine and 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
“The quality of vehicles in the Steve Todhunter Collection is fantastic,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “He looks for the best examples from some of the top automakers in the world, and his meticulous care, combined with the low miles driven, should make any collector excited to take these beautiful cars home.”
The 21-car collection also highlights top domestic automakers, including a 1978 Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car (Lot #1489) that shows just 44 original miles and is the first Corvette pace car that was ever offered to the public. Another Corvette, a 2015 Z06 Convertible (Lot #1485), produces 650hp from its 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine mated to an 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission. A 2017 Dodge Viper GTC ACR (Lot #1481), #5 of 10 Viper GTC Time Attack models built, features an 8.4-liter V10 engine backed by a 6-speed manual transmission. Ford is also well-represented in the collection, with offerings that include a 2008 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Convertible (Lot #1487) with a 5.4-liter 625hp V8 engine and 6-speed manual transmission.
Additional vehicles in the collection include:
- 2017 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot #1484) – Custom 6.8-liter 800hp supercharged V8 and just over 200 actual miles
- 2009 Ford Shelby Super Snake Prudhomme Edition (Lot #1486) – One of six Prudhomme Edition Super Snakes built and powered by a Kenne Bell supercharged 5.4-liter 800hp V8
- 2011 Ford Shelby GT350 (Lot #1488) – Supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine with just over 1,600 actual miles
- 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Convertible (Lot #1492) – One of 190 Grand Sport Convertibles produced that year and one of only 53 with the red and black interior
The entire Steve Todhunter Collection, along with the 2018 Scottsdale Auction docket is now available to view online. Click here to consign a vehicle or visit Barrett-Jackson.com/Bid for information on becoming a bidder. Advance tickets, three-day ticket packages and information on VIP Packages are available at Barrett-Jackson.com. Also, follow Barrett-Jackson on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest news and information heading into the 2018 Scottsdale Auction.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions®, is the leader in collector car and automotive lifestyle events, which include authentic automobilia auctions and the sale of high-profile estates and private collections. The company produces auctions in Scottsdale, Arizona; Palm Beach, Florida; at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut; and Las Vegas, Nevada. With broadcast partners Velocity and Discovery Channel, Barrett-Jackson features extensive live television coverage, including broadcasts in over 100 countries internationally. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit Barrett-Jackson.com or call 480-421-6694.
Source: Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, LLC
It has been another glorious year for Aston Martin.
- The British luxury carmaker launched the second car from its Second Century plan: the new Aston Martin Vantage, in November.
- Vantage is Aston Martin’s best-selling model and the new car is poised to continue the illustrious bloodline when it goes into production in early 2018.
- The DB11 story continues as the family grows to include V8-powered and Volante versions.
- Such has been the success of this car, Aston Martin returned to profit earlier this year. This has been helped with the continued success of Aston Martin’s special editions – with the Vanquish Zagato Speedster and Shooting Brake joining the Coupe and Volante to complete the quartet – all of which are sold out.
- The past met the present earlier this month when Aston Martin Works re-started production in Newport Pagnell after a 10-year absence, producing a special continuation run of 25 of the track-only DB4 G.T., an incredible car that was first launched in 1959.
- The new AMR performance brand was launched in 2017, to amplify and accentuate the sporting prowess of Aston Martin’s road cars, influenced by the on-track learnings of Aston Martin Racing. Rapide AMR and Vantage AMR Pro concepts are already confirmed for production.
- It has been another extraordinary year on track for the Aston Martin Vantage highlighted by an incredible class victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the final year of Pro class competition for the Vantage GTE. A new Vantage GTE will take to the track in 2018.
- A new, strengthened Innovation Partnership with Red Bull Racing was forged in 2017 that will bring great technological benefits to both parties and see Aston Martin as title partner to the 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing F1 Team. The first product to come from this partnership, the Aston Martin Valkyrie, is on schedule to run in 2018.
- Work continues apace at St Athan, where Aston Martin is on schedule to start production of the company’s new SUV, the Aston Martin DBX, in 2019.
Aston Martin President and CEO, Dr Andy Palmer said: “It has been another amazing year for Aston Martin. I’m incredibly proud of the whole Aston Martin team, our success in 2017 is testament to the skill and dedication of all employees of Aston Martin who work tirelessly to combine exceptional design with the latest technology. As we head into the holiday season, I want to thank everyone for their support during 2017 and we look forward to 2018 and the exciting times ahead!”
About Aston Martin
Aston Martin is an independent British luxury sports car company. Famous for the creation of beautiful hand-crafted sports cars, the Aston Martin range today comprises the Vantage, DB11, Rapide S, Vanquish S, and special-series cars such as the Vanquish Zagato and Aston Martin Vulcan. Based in Gaydon, England, Aston Martin designs and creates sports cars which are sold in more than 50 countries around the world.
Founded in 1913, the company recently launched its six-year Second Century plan for sustainable long-term growth. This is underpinned by the replacement of the entire sports car range, including the new Vantage and DB11, an all-electric RapidE, the reintroduction of the Lagonda marque, as well as the development of a new manufacturing centre in St Athan, Wales which will build a new sports utility vehicle.
Source: Aston Martin Lagonda Limited
Paul Yaffe, one of the most famous and renowned custom motorcycle builders in the world, is the featured builder in Art of the Ride, a motorcycle-themed exhibit at the Phoenix Airport Museum running until the end of May 2018.
Combining photography, painting, and custom motorcycle builds and parts, Art of the Ride is a celebration of the passion and attitude that embodies motorcycle culture. The exhibit will feature two of Paul’s most-famous, spectacular builds: The Copper Chopper and Prodigy.
Hey all you SoCal hot rodders…
Here’s something fun you ‘all would enjoy. I can’t make it this year due to schedule conflicts. But ‘fur all you car nuts looking for something that doesn’t involve holiday shopping, you should check it out. Irwindale Speeday…. $5 to get in (plus $10 to park…)
Scottsdale docket features award-winning, highly coveted custom and fully restored trucks.
The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum in Philadelphia – a collection of 65 rare and significant racing sports cars – has been selected as 2017 “Museum of the Year” by the Octane Awards (formerly known as the International Historic Motoring Awards) for an unprecedented second time. The museum previously won the inaugural award in 2011, and also has been awarded the organization’s “Car of the Year,” and “Book of the Year.”
The judging panel includes such noted figures as TV host Jay Leno, vintage car racer and Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason, Collier Collection curator L. Scott George, five times Le Mans winner Derek Bell, and noted collector Corrado Lopresto, among others.
Feral Interactive has brought Codemasters’ hit racing game GRID Autosport to iPad and iPhone. The app promises ‘console-quality racing’ offering a complete version of the game with all of the content. Ignite your high-speed career as a pro-racer with GRID Autosport for iOS. This smash hit AAA racing game uses intuitive tilt and touch controls…